We have been baking in Lowestoft for around 130 years, so we reckon we know a thing or two about baking!
- We only use the finest and best quality ingredients. Flour is of course a main item, and this comes from a local miller who uses traditional milling methods, and has an excellent reputation for consistency and service.
- We only use the natural fermentation method of production. This means our bread and rolls are allowed to rise and develop naturally, without using lots of additives. This maximises taste and texture.
- We only use fresh yeast, and other ingredients that are all natural. We also bake our bread gently for around 40 minutes to give it a full and unique flavour.
- We only use the minimum amount of salt required in all our products, and we have already succeeded in reducing our salt usage by over 10%. The salt content of our bread already complies with the very latest recommendations
- All our products are made and baked fresh each day.
- We make all our own sandwich fillings ourselves, in house. We can then control what ingredients we use and can have full traceability.
- Our staff are all fully trained in house, and we have been awarded five stars in a recent hygiene audit.
- We support local suppliers and businesses as much as possible. This keeps our "food miles" down to an absolute minimum.
- We make all our products at our main bakery, by fully trained and committed Master Bakers.
- We aim to give a premier service to all of our valued customers.